Search engine optimisation (SEO) enhances the user traffic on your webpage. It makes it more evidently visible on popular search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc., to make it appear on the top as relevant search results taken by the users. It is the process of directing traffic to the required webpage through ads, pop-ups, etc., placed on search engines.
The top search engines claim to index between 2 million (WebCrawler) and 100 million web documents as of November 1997. A systematic database of the Web contained over a billion documents by the year 2000. Around the same time, the amount of queries handled by search engines has skyrocketed. The World Wide Web Worm got an average of 1500 queries a day in March and April 1994. Altavista claimed to manage approximately 20 million queries a day in November 1997. Automated systems query search engines as the number of users grows. The system’s mission is to solve many of the consistency and scalability issues that come with scaling search engine technology to such massive scales.
Not just a start-up, even a well-established company needs more user engagement and target organic traffic on their website to achieve success and grow further, reaching millions of people worldwide. Therefore, we now have some of the benefits of SEO:
- Enhance potential traffic/ Increased Reach – Optimised websites can attract target consumers to increase the reach. This, in turn, saves the consumer’s time, and they directly land upon your webpage or blog with ease of access. Thus, it improves the quality of traffic.
- User-friendly Website – Using proper optimisation algos, one can enhance the user experience of their webpage and retain many customers. Users more often visit web pages with a friendly user interface. In addition, it increases the speed of the webpage, thereby leading to happy visitors.
- Creates brand faith – With your web pages appearing on top of the relevant results of any major search engine like Google will automatically promote your brand name and help users trust you with a long-term faith. Customers might visit your offline stores or business outlets on encountering your ads on top, thereby boosting your business. People tend to associate full credibility with the brands which appear on top of major search engines.
- Effective Cost Management – Once the webpage is created, it’s completely free of cost to optimise it through in-budget algos or marketing ads. It helps to endorse your product online with less investment and better results. With a higher ranking, you need not pay for each click and release ads on different web pages. It promotes your website 24/7 and need not be checked too frequently.
- Ahead of your peers – In this era of huge competition, effective and timely optimisation of your webpage keeps you ahead of your competitors in all sense. This attracts more customers to your website and promotes your brand.
- It is measurable – There are tools to identify vital keywords that adhere to your business assets. As a result, the website ranking, number of clicks and conversion of traffic is measurable.
- Long-term market plan – This is a boon and bane in one; just like the optimal rankings take time to appear on a website, a decline of rankings also occurs over a longer period. This increases the scope for new market ventures and digital marketing.
Conclusion – In this article, we explored the benefits of SEO. It is a vital part of today’s market policy and essential for achieving business success. It tempts potential consumers to trust your brand and increase the quality traffic on your website resulting in long-term gains.